Tuesday 3 March 2009

Pseudo-rock = صخره نما

Torghabeh, Iran


I spotted this creature whilst climbing the rocky mountains of Torghabeh (Khorasan's province, Iran). We originally went there to photograph the ancient carvings on the rocks (to read about our adventure and see my photos visit here). I felt that something moved fast in front of my foot; I quickly took this photo, which turned out blur, but this is my proof of seeing this amazing insect. I'll name it Pseudo-rock. What do you think, have I discovered a new specious or what? :))))



به دنبال سنگ نگاره های مشهور طرقبه (خراسان، ایران) از تپه های اطراف این شهر بالا میرفتیم که حس کردم چیزی سریع از جلوی پام گذشت، ازش عکس گرقتم ، متاسفانه واضح نشده ولی خوب برای ثبت کشف یک گونه جدید بدک هم نیست! حالا از شوخی گذشته این موجود عجیب که با محیطش سازگاری کامل داشت و من اسمش را "صخره نما" گذاشتم چیست؟ کسی میدونه

4 comments:

greenshotter said...

Hi,entomologist! I am not an expert on insects but it obviously not a spider. I remember seeing this kind of insects in Northern China when I was a child, not sure they are the same, maybe we both discover a new species. Isn't it great?

Shahireh said...

greenshotter
Hi

This is amazing! The more we communicate, the more common points we discover between China and Iran. Maybe one day we could have a joint article on similarities of the two ancient worlds. What do you say?
;)

greenshotter said...

Yes, Shahireh, that's a great idea, though it's a very difficult task and time consuming. China and Iran did has connection from ancient time. That's a long story, if we really start to write something, better begin with some small things. Maybe, Spring Festival.

Shahireh said...

greenshotter

Spring festival sounds like a fascinating and timely topic to think about. I’ll be writing on spring celebration (the Iranian way) here. And certainly would like to know about the spring festival in China, too. So if you have anything on it (in small doses) please send it my way. Then looking at the similarities or differences should not be that difficult.